Microsoft Outlook is the world’s most favored business email client which offers excellent integration with contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and of course, email. Same as other applications of Microsoft productivity software suite like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access, Outlook 2016 hasn’t undergone any major changes in its design or function. It has only been improved with subtle interface updates and a new Clutter feature for cleaning out messy inboxes which helps you communicate faster and easier.
Here are the top 10 new features in Microsoft Outlook 2016:
- The Clutter feature –The most appealing update of Outlook 2016, the Clutter feature, lets you tell the email program what is important to you and what isn’t. Based on the facts like how frequently you reply to particular sender, your relationship with the sender, no of recipients on the mail, it sequesters them.
- Push Email Support – It lets you get the message as soon as it comes. Now, you don’t have to tap on the Get Mail
- Quick Message Preview – The first sentence of the message displays above the subject of the message, which gives you a better sense of whether it’s worth reading without previewing it.
- Group Messages by Thread – Its new conversation view lets you group messages by choosing sort messages by conversations option. This allows you clean up the main mail page.
- View Multiple Calendars at Once – It lets you view multiple calendars at the same window by just selecting the calendars you want to include from the navigation pane to the left.
- View Weather Forecast of Important Dates – You can view the current weather forecasts above the calendar. It also lets you view the weather forecast of the dates or places important to you by clicking or tapping on the current forecast and selecting the see more online link from the drops down.
- Quick Steps – It helps you perform the repetitive tasks easily. It can also do the tasks for you. On a windows PC, it appears as a toolbar inside the Home tab whether on a Mac it appears as a Rules button.
- “Tell Me” Feature – It performs the function automatically just by typing the function or command in the search bar located in the top right corner. For example, if you want to view calendar, just type “View Calendar” in the search box and “Tell Me” will open the calendar tab automatically. It even lets you recall emails just like previous versions. See this article for more details on how to recall an email: How To Recall an Email in Outlook 2016, 2013 & 2010
- Collaborate on attachments anytime – It lets you upload a revised version or save a new version of the attachment anytime via OneDrive.
- Keep your Outlook add-in open – It lets you keep the Outlook add-ins, such as Outlook Customer Managers task pane open all the time even when you’re not working in the add-in.