While “complications” may at first make you think something is wrong, on watchOS that is far from true!
Complications are important pieces of information you can see right on your watch face, like Weather or World Clock. Now data from App Store apps can be complications, too. So you can easily check your United flight times or keep an eye on home devices — lights, thermostat, sensors, cameras — with Insteon. It’s just one more way to personalize your Apple Watch. — Apple.com
Now complications where just introduced for developers in watchOS 2 so they are only a few days old to the general public, we found a great list (HT Reddit) of apps that have updated to utilize the new feature in watchOS 2. Here are some newly updated applications:
The Weather Channel – Free
Make confident decisions based on the best, most accurate, most precise forecast available. Make your life, “Weather Precise.” Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, 10-day and weekend forecasts.
• Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PERSONALIZED PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
• Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you. We’ve got your back, if not the tissues.
It’s easy and free! Learn how to unlock these alerts in three steps by watching this tutorial: http://youtu.be/SYkqDGnx02E or go to your in-app settings and select sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Our pollen counts and airport delays module help you keep your plans in harmony with the day’s weather.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up-to-date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
Session M: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That’s why we integrated Session M. To activate your account and start earning gift cards and other cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Apple Watch: Many of your favorite features are also available on Apple Watch.
OmniFocus 2 – $39.99
Now a Universal iOS App with Apple Watch Support! OmniFocus for iOS brings the in-depth task management features of a desktop app to your fingertips. With flexible viewing options, location awareness, and on-the-fly task entry from just about anywhere, OmniFocus is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date—with OmniFocus you’ll always have your important information at hand. Whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, or chores to do at home, whatever you need to do is right there on your iPhone or iPad.
OmniFocus’ interface was designed from scratch for iOS and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app. It’s powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for Mac). Syncs even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
• Reliable sync with NEW push triggering using our free service or your own server
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby location-based contexts or viewing them on a map
• Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Reminders Capture and OmniFocus Mail Drop for entering OmniFocus actions via Siri or email
• Interactive notifications for nearby and due items let you mark complete (or snooze) without even opening the app
• Search shows results from the current view or your entire OmniFocus database
• Add Photo and Audio attachments right on your device and view file attachments synced from other devices
• Forecast row shows you how much is due in the next few days on your homescreen or sidebar; open the Forecast perspective to see your due items alongside events from your iOS Calendar
• NEW on iPhone, a dedicated Review perspective makes sure nothing falls through the cracks (Review has been on iPad since the beginning)
• NEW Keep your most important work on you with OmniFocus for Apple Watch — as quick as a glance at what’s due today or as powerful as seamlessly sending any list from your iPhone.
• NEW Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App Purchase and free to customers who purchased OmniFocus 1 for iPhone or iPad:
• NEW Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and home screen just like you customize your iOS Device’s home screen.
• NEW Custom Perspectives: Now on iPhone as well as iPad, save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• NEW Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
Lifesum – Free
Lifesum helps you make better food choices, improve your exercise, and reach your health goals. Build healthy habits in small, sustainable steps and make health a part of your lifestyle, not another thing on your to-do list.
*Best Health and Fitness Apps – 2014/2015 App Store*
*Best Apps – 2013 App Store*
*Editor’s Choice – 2014/2015 App Store*
“I loved Lifesum and its interface so much that I upgraded to the Gold membership within the first day that I got it! It holds me accountable and lays out everything in front of me to clearly see.”
What you’ll get:
Reminders to help you drink enough water
Feedback to improve the quality of what you eat
Advice for the days you might struggle
A selection of diets to help you embrace healthy living
Overview of your nutrition and exercise habits so you can improve them
Body summary to show you how you are progressing (including weight and measurements)
Water, Meal and Exercise Trackers
Apple Health integration
Lifesum is available on Apple Watch. The Lifesum app for Apple Watch makes it easy to make healthy choices throughout the day. View each day’s activity at a glance, use simple tracking to log meals, water, and exercise, and get tips, reminders and exercise suggestions.
Dark Sky – $3.99
Dark Sky can tell you at a glance exactly when it will rain (or snow) up to an hour in advance, so you’re free to walk the dog or run out to lunch and know you’ll stay dry. You can also explore the most beautiful weather animation you’ve ever seen, both forward in time or back.
(Dark Sky is available in the US, UK and Ireland.)
YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE
Using GPS, Dark Sky is able to create forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour and hour-by-hour forecasts for the next day and week.
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS
The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make the world’s first perfectly smooth radar animation. Other apps show you a chunky slideshow that makes it nearly impossible to tell how storms are moving. But Dark Sky’s radar animation lets you see the actual path of the storm: how it moved in the past, and where it’s going in the future.
Dark Sky comes with advanced notification options: Receive down-to-the-minute alerts before it starts raining at your exact location, get notified of government severe weather alerts (for such things as thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes, etc), or even create your own custom notifications covering the next 24 hours for things like temperature, wind, precipitation and more. Even if you haven’t opened the app in days, Dark Sky will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.
The Dark Sky Notification Center Widget tells you at a glance what’s going to happen in the next hour, so you don’t even have to unlock your phone to quickly check the weather before heading out.
Dark Sky looks great on your wrist. Get notifications and check out the weather for the next week with the Dark Sky app built from scratch for Apple Watch.
WebMD – Free
WebMD for iPhone offers physician-reviewed health content and interactive tools in addition to on-demand healthy living information. The innovative design marries content and utility informed by more than five years of user insights and feedback.
WebMD for iPhone also features Healthy Target, an innovative health improvement program that will help you create and sustain healthy habits. By connecting an activity tracker, wireless scale, blood pressure monitor, or glucometer you’ll be able to view all of your data in one location and receive WebMD contextual content and insights. Additionally, Healthy Target allows you to use HealthKit to sync with the Apple Health app.
Get access to your favorite WebMD health tools like Symptom Checker and local health listings, in addition to the most up-to-date information about medicine and first aid essentials. All in one elegant app. From the most trusted brand in health information.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Medication Reminders – View daily medication schedules and instructions, pill images with dosage and timing information, and receive reminders for when it’s time to take a given medication.
• Healthy Target – Create and sustain healthy habits by tracking your progress daily, connecting wearable devices, and getting actionable insights at the end of each week.
• Healthy Living – Choose the healthy living interests that matter most to you to customize a daily lifestyle magazine of tips, fun facts, articles, quizzes, and slideshows.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• Medicine – Search our extensive database for information on drugs, supplements, and vitamins. Read about uses, side effects, and warnings, and access our Pill ID tool.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, and pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create and save your conditions, medicine, first aid information, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and healthy living articles for secure, easy access and reference.
– Large and Small Complication support added – Now see your next scheduled medication directly from your Apple Watch home screen
Citymapper – Free
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts. Featured in the ‘Rise’ Apple Watch Ad. Citymapper is now on your wrist!
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Singapore, Hong Kong and more!
* Apple’s 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner – MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup – 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner – Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 – GSMA/Mobile World Congress
* Designs of the Year 2014 – London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 – Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 – Stuff Magazine
“Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City” – New York Times
We’re reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/cycle routing and share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
However this application is limited in cities it supports, check the full list here.
Sleep++ – Free
Use your Apple Watch to track and measure your sleep!
Sleep++ takes advantage of the motion tracking capabilities of your Apple Watch to closely measure both the duration and quality of your sleep. The better you understand how well you are sleeping the more you are able to make changes in your routines to benefit your rest.
To get started simply:
1) Wear your Apple Watch while you sleep.
2) Tell Sleep++ when you start sleeping.
3) Tell Sleep++ when you wake up.
Sleep++ with then analyze your night’s sleep and give you a detailed breakdown of how well you slept and how restless you were.
Optionally integrates with HealthKit providing you a safe and private way to share your sleep data with other health or fitness apps.
It is recommended that you place your Apple Watch in Airplane Mode while you sleep to help preserve battery life.
iTranslate – Free
iTranslate is an award winning translation tool that helps you break down language barriers. With its state of the art technology you can speak any language in a second.
With iTranslate you can translate words, phrases, and text in over 90 languages.
Ever wanted to know what an Australian English female sounds like? With iTranslate you can select between lots of different dialects, choose a male or female voice, and even control the speech rate.
VOICE INPUT (Premium)
Speak instead of type. No training needed. Just start speaking and we recognize your voice, transform it into text and translate it into another language.
Most translator apps give you only 1 result per translation. However, if you are translating words and phrases there are often different meanings, depending on the context. iTranslate gives you dictionaries for many languages so you can find the exact solution to your problem.
Now you can translate directly on your wrist, with our brand-new iTranslate Watch App. Use your Apple Watch’s built in voice recognition to instantly translate words, phrases and text into all 90+ languages.
Add iTranslate as a Today widget to the new iOS 8 Notification Center and easily translate copied text from any app without even opening iTranslate!
Romanization lets you turn “你好” into “Nǐ hǎo”, transforming non-Latin languages into Latin characters. Available for many languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Hindi, Russian, and Thai.
iTranslate is optimized for fast text input. Get suggestions while you’re typing, turn your phone to the side and use both hands for typing with the bigger landscape keyboard or use our popular swipe gestures for quick copying & pasting.
CARROT Weather – $3.99
CARROT Weather is an eerily accurate weather app that delivers hilariously twisted forecasts. There are secret locations to unlock. A time machine. And also evil penguins.
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Accurate and Detailed
Forecast.io’s super accurate weather data gives you quick access to 24-hour and 7-day forecasts. Or you can swipe up for a detailed view with even more meteorological goodness. (Available worldwide.)
If the rain gods are mad at you, CARROT will show you a short-term forecast that tells you right down to the minute when it’s going to start precipitating. (Available only in the US, UK, Ireland, and parts of Canada. Everything else works worldwide.)
If you own CARROT Weather for Mac, CARROT can forward a notification to your iOS device whenever she detects precipitation or a severe weather alert! (Note: CARROT Weather for Mac must be running to send notifications to your iOS device.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT’s trusty radar (for the U.S.) and satellite (for the rest of the world) maps.
Want to know how warm it will be for your big vacation next July? Or if it was ominously cloudy on the day you were born? View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past or 10 years in the future. DeLorean not required!
Unlock amazing secret locations – like Mount Doom, Nakatomi Plaza, or the Moon – just by using CARROT.
All the power, detail, and personality of CARROT Weather – available right on your wrist. In addition to a full weather app, a glance, and notifications, you also get a colorful complication for your watchface. (Note: Premium upgrade required to unlock the complication’s hourly update and rain prediction features, plus the bonus wind complication.)
American Airlines – Free
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
– Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
– Set a parking reminder
– Monitor your place on the standby list
– Track your Elite Status progress
– View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
– Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
– Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
– Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
– View terminal maps
What’s New in Version 4.2.0
– Now you can personalize your Apple Watch to show your American flight details on the watch face.
Cycles – Free
A period app your won’t mind sharing with Him! Cycles keeps track of your period and fertility without all the inputting and upkeep of similar apps. Irregular cycle? Just rotate the dial to the first red day when your period arrives. That’s it! Cycles automatically adjusts your cycle lengths and forecasts as needed.
BUILT FOR YOU, GREAT FOR BOTH
Cycles is the only app of its kind designed for *both* of you. We’ve made it fun to invite your Partner to connect and keep up with your cycle. That way he will be more prepared to provide emotional support, plan trips and romantic evenings at the perfect time without having to ask, and know your most fertile days when planning a pregnancy. Husbands and boyfriends love this app as much as you do!
GORGEOUS AND FUN TO USE
Track your current period in one glance with a beautifully designed Cycle view, and see upcoming cycles in a scrolling monthly Calendar. Set personal reminders to make sure you remember to Take the Pill, or receive discreet notifications like “The bees are coming” to pencil in romantic evenings when planning a pregnancy. And an optional passcode lock keeps your privacy absolutely secure.
MODERN, RESEARCH-BASED FERTILITY TRACKING
Cycles uses modern and scientifically-researched fertility tracking to help predict fertility, with accuracy up to 95%!
Cycles love the Health App
• All your cycles and reproductive health data can now be shared with the Health app
• Cycles automatically imports cycles and reproductive health data from other apps that use the Health App.
Redesigned Apple Watch app
• Easier to calibrate when your period came, or if it’s late with the digital crown.
• New complication to quickly see where you are in your cycle from your watch face.
Track your whole body
• Keep track of moods, pains, pill intake, and sexual activity to see how they relate to your cycle.
• Track your ovulation through Cervical Fluid observations, Basal body temperature, or manual ovulation tests.
• Track days you noticed spotting outside of your normal days.