As predicted in August, Apple is planning to hold a media event on Wednesday, September 9 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, California. Media invites were sent out today, the artwork and tagline for the invitations: “Hey Siri, give us a hint.”
Siri has joined the fun with a few new witty responses:
The invitation to Apple’s Sept. 9 event was sent with the language, “Hey Siri, give us a hint.”
And, it is well known that Apple has previously said it plans to expand the capabilities of Siri, its voice-activated personal assistant, in an upcoming version of its operating software for iPhones and iPads.
Also, according to the AP, industry insiders have also speculated Apple may introduce a larger iPad for business users, a new set-top box for televisions and possibly other products at Wednesday’s event.
As for the new iPhone 6s models, here are some important insight into features and price before Wednesday’s release event:
1) The 6S and 6S Plus will be slightly thicker than last year’s iPhone 6 – expanded from 7.08 mm from 6.9 mm, according to Mac Rumors. The thicker case is likely due to new aluminum used for the shell and thickening to help stop the bending problem some people have had with the iPhone 6.
2) The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus are expected to come in 16GB, 32 GB and 128 GB variations for purchase.
iPhone 6S and 6S Plus price: “The 16 GB, 32 GB and 128 GB variants of the iPhone 6S are expected to be priced at $299, $399 and $499, respectively,” according to a report from ibtimes.com. The price most buyers pay typically varies however according to deals with their carriers, like Verizon, AT&T and Sprint.
3) Expect a new color of iPhone. Apple is likely to introduce rose gold as a new color on Wednesday. The debate will emerge as to whether this fine is actually pink or not, but, reports say “rose gold” will be the official color for the new iPhone 6S.
4) The selfie isn’t just a big thing for a new generation – it may be the only thing. So Apple, of course, wants to better deliver the selfie. So the new camera in the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus will be selfie centered very likely in improvements. Consider this report: “The upcoming iPhone 6S models are set to arrive with 5-megapixel selfie cameras.” The new selfie cameras should allow for better selfie panoramas, better slow-motion video, and higher-resolution front facing camera results.
5) Force Touch comes to the iPhone. Apple Watch users know it, but know this pressure sensitivity – if you push on your iPhone screen it will know where you are pressing and how hard. The benefits: get more menus, perhaps, or games, or a stylus type of benefit.
6) Your current iPhone 6 case may not work with the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus – may not work. The dimensions of the new iPhones will reportedly be only very slightly larger, including a bit thicker as previously noted. But if your case currently has a very tight fit, it may not fit onto the new iPhones.
7) The iPhone 6 should get $100 cheaper in price due to the release of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
8) Read about our AppleTV predictions here.